→ Information session 5 October at 1 pm. Access to the session 10 minutes before the start time
The aim of the EINA EHEA Official Master's: University Master's Degree in Research in Art and Design is to equip students with abilities related to skills for researching, thinking, rethinking, arguing and writing on current issues and problems in the theory and practice of art and design. It also promotes the production of creative processes through artistic research and the practice of design.
→ University Master's Degree in Research in Art and Design by the UAB
→ 4 October 2021 to 8 September 2022
→ Monday to Thursday, from 4 pm to 8 pm
→ Onsite - 60 ECTS
→ 8.340 € for students from EU countries and foreign nationals with residence. 9.360 € for foreign students who are not nationals of EU member states. (10% discount for former students and Alumni UAB Premium)
The MURAD is the EHEA University Master's Degree in Research in Art and Design of EINA and the UAB. Its aim is to open up an experimental space for study, work and exchange in which every student can undertake their design and/or art research project. Throughout the course, students are offered and given practice in the methodological and conceptual skills and tools they will need to undertake it with a level of excellence, respecting the individualities of each student. The course fosters skills in putting forward an academic argument, writing and publication, along with the creative processes of practice-based research. The thematic focuses are in the areas of visual creation, project culture and aesthetics applied to research in art and design.
The MURAD offers the possibility of continuing studies of the Doctorate in Research in Design and Art as an itinerary on the Doctoral Programme of the Department of Philosophy of the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
Teaching sessions on the MURAD are organised into four types: A) Research Activities, B) Workshops, C) Seminars, and D) Visits/Interviews, and are primarily related to research projects and cultural institutions. The final aim of the sessions, and of the overall Master’s curriculum, is to benefit the personal production of each research project that will be submitted at the end of the academic year as the Final Master’s Degree Project.
Connections with National and International Centres of Creation, Production and Research.
The benefits of the experience gained from five editions of the Master's Degree in Research in Art and Design have been strengthened by the research agreements, collaborations and exchanges undertaken with various cultural institutions and universities. To date, students from the different editions have had the opportunity to undertake projects, take part in joint sessions and collaborate with the following institutions:
- Barcelona Design Museum, EDIVI
- Fundació Joan Miró, Barcelona
- Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art, MACBA
- CCCB. Centro de Cultura Contemporánea de Barcelona
- Espacio exotérico, MACBA
- La Escocesa. Centre of Creation, Barcelona.
- Hangar. Visual Arts Production and Research Center, Barcelona
- Fabra i Coats. Art Factory, Barcelona.
- Idensitat, Barcelona
- Cercle Artistic Sant Lluc, Barcelona
- Carnegie Mellon University, CM
Experimentation and Multidisciplinarity
The Master's Degree in Research in Art and Design fosters experimentation in emerging fields of art and design, ensuring that the Final Master’s Degree Project is a construction of a unique and original itinerary where theory and practice are able to converge. Of paramount interest is the continuity between the two, which are always viewed as forms of knowledge production resulting from a process of enquiry.
To achieve this, the master’s degree has an extensive staff of lecturers and tutors who are experts in numerous aspects of innovative art and design practices and in current trends in thought and aesthetics. This multidisciplinarity is divided into five fields of research, with their convergences and developments:
- Art and Design Research Methodology
- Contemporary Art and Design Practices
- Food Design, Edible Art and the Aesthetics of Taste / Transition Design and Contextual and Relationship Artistic Practices / Design, Art and Critical Cartography / Game Design and Design Fiction / Bioart and Biodesign / Sound Design and Art / Big Data & Social Media / Post-digital Design and Art / Sustainable Design and Art / Multiculturalism in Art and Design.
- Critiquing and Curating in Art and Design.
- Narrative in Art and Design: construction of pasts and futures. The project as a story.
- Knowledge Design, Data Display and Interfaces