She holds a degree in Fine Arts from the Universitat de Barcelona and a PhD in Fine Arts (2002) from the UB. She was accredited as a lecturer by the AQU (Agency for Quality Assurance in the Catalan University System) in 2008.
As a staff researcher, Tània currently teaches full time for EINA, teaching first year Colour and Volume and third year Latest Art and Design Trends. She previously taught for the degree in Domestic Equipment, Image Theory and Communication, Models and Prototypes, the Visual Arts workshop and Introduction to Design Projects, all for EINA, as well as courses in Digital Aesthetics and Theory of Art for other design universities.
She has also taught the EEES Official Master’s in Art and Design Research for EINA and UAB since the beginning, focussing on the modules on Contemporary Art and Design, Artistic Research and the Final Master's Project.
Previously, Tània taught Contemporary Art, Art Theory and Digital Aesthetics for the Master's in Art Today: Analysis and Management for the University of Barcelona (2007-2011), the Master’s in Interactive Design for MECAD, Ramon Llull Univeristy (2007-2010) the Master's in Exhibitions: Curating and Editing, for EINA and the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2007-2008).
- Coordinator for the EEES Official Master's in Art and Design Research for EINA and UAB.
- Researcher for the project MINECO FFI2015-64138-P, Knowledge Generation in Art Research: an Alternative Explanation Between Philosophy, Art and Design.
- Researcher in the GRETA Research Group in Art Theory and Aesthetics, supported by the Generalitat de Catalunya, SGR-360, Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Co-coordinator of the GEARAD Group in Applied Aesthetics in Art and Design Research, a doctorate group in the Philosophy department at UAB.
- Coordinator of the research group Design for Social Innovation: Art and Design During and For the Transition at EINA.
- Co-coordinator for the Research Group Design Processes: Advanced Practices in Art and Design at EINA.
- Co-coordinator of EDIVI, the Network of Centers of Higher Learning in Design for Social Innovation and Sustainability.
- Member of the Program Committee (PC) of the International Conference on Higher Education Advances (HEAD), Valencia, Spain.
- Member of the Editorial Committee for A Question of Design, the research magazine edited and published by the Autonomous Metropolitan University, Unidad Azcapotzalco in Mexico City, for the Divison of Arts and Sciences of Design (CyAD).
(Only the five most recent publications are listed)
- Costa, Tània. Analysis of ongoing Transition projects in Barcelona. An approach to Transition Design from a Southern perspective. Cuadernos del Centro de Estudios de Diseño y Comunicación, Universidad de Palermo, Argentina. ISSN: 1668-0227.
- Costa, Tània and Salvador Huertas. Creative Debate as a tool to Empower and Create Disruptive Thinking within learning contexts in a University Design Environment. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 228, pp 413-417. ISSN: 1877-0428.
- Costa, Tània; Jaques, Jèssica. Estética gustatoria en el entorno de EINA, Barcelona, desde 1969 a 2016. [Taste aesthetics at EINA, Barcelona, from 1969 to 2016]. Proceedings from the symposium Modern in Spite of Everything, a History of Design in Spain: Theories, Methods and Challenges. Fundación Historia del Diseño, Barcelona, 12-13 February 2016.
- Costa, Tània and Adrià Garcia i Mateu. Transition Design. Metodologías de diseño colaborativo para procesos de emancipación ciudadanos. [Transition Design: Collaborative Design Methodologies for Processes of Citizen Emancipation] Revista de Estudios Globales y Arte Contemporáneo, Volumen 3, Núm. 1, 2015, pag. 66-84. Barcelona: Researcher Group Art Globalization Interculturality, Universitat de Barcelona. ISSN: 2013-8652.
- Costa, Tània. Learning through experience and teaching strategies outside the classroom at design university studies. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 196, 8 July 2015, pp. 35-40. ISSN: 1877-0428.
(Only the five most recent/representative are listed)
- Coordinator of presentations and research round tables on Research and Transference in the process of transforming neighbourhoods. NEXES – Neighbourhood Open Days and Artistic Practices. Art, Design and Territory in Research and Action. IDensitat, Fabra i Coats, June 30 – July 1, 2018.
- Co-editor and coordinator of Volume 2 of the Journal of Design Processes, published by the research group Design Processes. Advanced Practices in Design and Art, EINA, Barcelona.
- Coordinator of the symposium Southern Perspectives on Transition Design, EINA – Autonomous University of Barcelona. Programmed activity at Barcelona Design Week for the Design Museum of Barcelona; and seminar of the doctorate program for the Faculty of Philosophy at UAB, June 8 and 9, 2017.
- Co-coordinator of the workshop in taste aesthetics for the Master's in Art and Design Research, EINA-UAB, March 30-31, 2016.
- Coordinator of the Debate Open Days: Design for Cities and Transitions, for third-year students of Design at EINA and the general public. Open day at EINA. Research group Design Processes, EINA. 23.04.2015.
Tània regularly participates in conferences, presentations and round table discussions related to design for social innovation, Transition Design, contextual and relational art and design, emerging design, contemporary art, art and design theory and art and design research.
As a teacher, she has coordinated exhibitions for institutions including the Tàpies Foundation, Can Castells Art Center, Barra de Ferro Cultural Space, Lluèrnia and the Academy of Fine Arts in Barcelona. Previous to her career in research and teaching, she was an art director for film and theater and also worked as a designer in the industrial design studio Diego Fortunato.