Teaches the courses Introduction to Design Projects, Information Technology Applied to Designing Space and Volume and Designing Work Spaces. Teaches the Design Culture module of the Master's in Art and Design Research and is a collaborating professor in the Child Life master’s at the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital, University of Barcelona. Has also been an associate professor of the Faculty of Fine Arts at the University of Barcelona where he taught Packaging Design and Project Techniques and Technologies. He has participated as a speaker in various courses and conferences related to optimizing architectural space, such as the Technical Day at UPC-EAV, the Conference Cycle of the University of Architecture of Granada and the Asemaste Conference.
Professional experience / Research
Cofounder of OVICUO Design, a design services company specializing in retail innovation and design, product design, new working models and design of working spaces. Within the company he is mainly focused on innovating working spaces and the area of health. PhD from the Department of Image and Design at the University of Barcelona with the doctoral thesis "Typologies, Compositions and the Adaptability of Modular Systems in Contract Spaces." He is a member of the research group Design Processes and head of the Area of Teaching Innovation.
Main lines of research:
- Design processes.
- Design, health and wellbeing.
- Teaching innovation in design.
He is currently a board member of the Association of Professional Designers (ADP), the Barcelona Center of Design (BCD) and the Bureau of European Design Associations (BEDA).
Published in specialized magazines such as On Diseño, Oficinas, Proyecto, Contract, and digital publications such as Design Boom, Diario design, as well as scientific publications.
- Design and Alternative Production Models: Carles Riart and Countercultural Movements in the Barcelona of the 1970s. Design History Society Conference.
- El producto adaptable. [The Adaptable Product] 1st International Congress of Design and Innovation in Catalonia. ESDI
- Seven Ways of Designing, Procedia. Social and Behavioural Sciences.
- Senderisme sense deixar l’oficina. [Hiking without Leaving the Office] El Punt Avui. Barcelona. 25 de març.
- Design and publication of digital bulletins on Teaching Innovation, DINAE.
- Bulletins and blog for the Grup de Didàctica en Disseny [Group of Didactics in Design] EINA. Barcelona.
- From Greenland to Cottage: metáforas de espacio y de actividad en el proceso de diseño de un espacio de trabajo. [From Greenland to Cottage: Metaphors of Space and Activity in the Process of Designing a Workspace] 1st International Congress of Design and Innovation in Catalonia. ESDI
- Delta Awards 2015 Selection. Natura. Hospital Pediatric Table.
- Delta Awards 2013 Selection. Kangoo Camper Travel Pack.