The EINA library has a support role for the teaching, research and the cultural activities of the education community. Thanks to its specialist contemporary art and design collection and its management, the EINA library has become a benchmark centre for scholars and researchers in these subject areas.
The library has a collection of over 7,000 books arranged in themed sections, such as graphic design and visual creation, industrial design, architecture and interior design, the history of art and design, aesthetics and design culture, etc. The library collection can be consulted online in the UAB Libraries Catalogue. The library offers multiple services and resources that can be accessed online on the Bibliotaulell.
Opening hours and contact
Monday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm, and Friday, 8am to 6pm. July and the first fortnight in September: Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm, and Friday, 8am to 3pm (closed in August).
- +34 93 203 09 23
Access to the library is free to EINA students and teaching staff, as well as to former students and all Autonomous University of Barcelona members. A consultation service in the library for anyone else interested may be authorised if first requested.
The library specialises in the visual arts and design and is divided into themed sections arranged according to the specialities and interests of the degree and postgraduate courses run at the university.
- Graphic design and visual communication: typography, calligraphy, advertising, corporate image, digital publishing, illustration, stationery, photography, packaging, designers, editorial design, infography, signposting, etc.
- Industrial design: history, ergonomics, furniture, drawing, lighting, ecological design, materials, designers, prizes, schools, etc.
- Architecture and interior design: history, regulations, drawing, interior design, temporary spaces, landscaping, urban planning, construction, restoration, architecture, mock-ups, etc.
- Design culture: theory and aesthetics, colour, history, art movements, latest trends, art and nature, museography, etc.
There are also other theme areas of interest within Social Sciences and Humanities such as for instance, anthropology, philosophy, sociology, communication, cinema and literature.
The periodicals archive consists of over 80 subscriptions to current periodical publications of national and international scope, that bring the user closer to the immediate current and trend topics in design and art.
The audiovisual collection includes over 200 titles of movies and documentaries of academic interest.
- Loan. For students enrolled on any of the courses taught at the school, teachers and other EINA personnel, and for former students and Autonomous University of Barcelona members. Members of the EINA community can also access the UAB library lending service using their accreditation and ask to borrow books (in situ) from any of its libraries. Service regulations may be consulted at Bibliotaulell.
- Reference service. Bibliographical information and guidance for users in consulting the catalogue. The library is part of the Libraries Catalogue of the UAB: http://cataleg.uab.cat
- Newsletters. Informative circulars with the latest new additions to the library.
- BURE (journal extracts). Consultation by themed concepts of articles in the journals received by the library (over 10,000 references).
- Reprography. Self-service photocopiers and printers. Enrolled students also have access to a scanner and colour print service.
- User training. Informative sessions for students at the school with a view to training users in the use of the library.
- Wi-Fi service.
The library's virtual desktop, created in the Netvibes ecosystem. Offers different information resources for:
- library service news : new features, promotions, curiosities, etc.
- exhibitions, trade fairs, conferences and other activities scheduled to take place in or outside Barcelona on design.
- review of the bibliographic catalogue, integrated in the Library Catalogue of the UAB, comprises monographs, audiovisual material, magazines and electronic documents available from the Library.
- virtual exhibitor of periodical publications, with the latests issues received.
- a selection of resources and themed websites available online that may be useful: themed portals, blogs, digital journals, prizes and competitions, image banks, etc.