At EINA, teaching and research is also conducted to project the school internationally and participate in the exchange of experiences that facilitates collaboration with universities around the world.
This desire to be part of an international knowledge community is fostered and established through:
- Student and lecturer mobility programmes
- Inter-university collaboration projects
EINA Design Degree courses offer students the possibility of completing part of their courses at other European universities or universities around the world. Mobility programmes facilitate this possibility in academic terms and also offer financial assistance for placements abroad.
Student mobility is a priority objective for the creation of an integrated European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that, with exchanges between European students and students from around the world, can be expanded into a true knowledge internationalisation experience. The EINA mobility service, in collaboration with the UAB, offers information and management that enables EINA students to study part of the syllabus abroad, while looking after visiting students. The programmes that promote exchanges are:
- Erasmus Students. Exchange programme with European universities that benefit from the Erasmus grant. This programme recognises the credits taken at host universities thanks to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
- UAB student mobility programme. Exchange programme with universities outside Europe (primarily the Americas, Asia and Oceania).
- There are other forms of exchange for students, such as the Erasmus Practicals and the study trips.
These programmes involve bilateral cooperation agreements by EINA with major universities in different countries and the chance to access to the UAB exchange programme.
The international exchange service also promotes and manages teacher exchanges. These consist of short stays by EINA teaching staff at foreign universities or the hosting of foreign teachers, and they are aimed at contributing to the transfer of teaching experience and knowledge with a view to forming a European and international community of teachers.
- UADE Universidad Argentina de la Empresa
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
La Cambre: École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Visuels
Anvers, Antwerpen, Belgium
- Université Laval
- University College of Northern Denmark
- Lahden Ammattikorkeakoulu (Lahti Polytechnic, Fh Lahti)
École Supérieure des Arts Appliques Duperré
Université de Toulouse Jean Jaurès
- Bauhaus - Universität Weimar
Politecnico di Milano
Centro de Estudios Superiores de Diseño de Monterrey (CEDIM)
Universidad de Guadalajara
- University College of Southeast Norway
- Polish-japanese Academy of Information Technology
Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco
Castelo Branco, Portugal
Instituto Politécnico do Porto
- Academy of Design Ljubljana
Birmingham Institute of Art and Design
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design. Dundee University
University of Brighton
Brighton, United Kingdom
- Erasmus unique call + Studies and own program for current studies 2016/2017
- Erasmus Call+ Internships (SMP) 2015/2016
Inter-university projects facilitate the exchange of knowledge and learning methodologies between universities in different countries, while giving the student experience of international cooperation.
These projects help the student achieve a wider understanding of how design works within a global framework and provides them with tools for when they enter the international professional market. EINA participates through the contacts and agreements facilitated by European and international inter-university collaboration programmes.